Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fast Food Alternatives

I had an awesome experience today with traditional fast food that I would like to share. It seems that the masses are speaking with there buying power and big corporations are starting to listen.

Here's the story, I was on my way to school yesterday morning and dying for a latte. Starbucks ran this "Thank You Seattle" campaign where they sent out a coupon for $1 off 4 different drinks. Since I had one, I decided to stop there; lets face it $4.50 for a Grande Late is expensive on any budget, especially a students:) When I walked in, I order a my "fancy pants" drink and while I am waiting, this awesome looking golden brown cheese danish starts cavorting with my stomach. They tag team my brain and I guiltily buy the danish. That must count as a dairy serving right, it has cheese on it:) Anyway, when I get my danish, the paper bag they serve it in not only announces that it is made from recycled paper, but it announces that Starbucks has taken more crap out of there food. Here's what the packaging said, "We’ve removed the high fructose corn syrup and artificial trans fats, flavors and dyes. Your food not only tastes better, it is better."

I was thrilled about my food choice. Two years ago, Starbucks stopped using milk from cows that are treated with rBST Hormone and now they have added this lovely food change. For more nutritional information, check out there website

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition

I already consider Starbucks a pretty responsible cooperation because of there service work, donations, fair trade coffee, and recycled paper products. Anyway, I felt better about my food decision. If I don"t have time to go to my local coffee shop and have to buy coffee from a corporation, I feel even better about buying it from here. Thanks Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment